- I am the only gay in the village
- Yea, I know.
- Anyway don’t listen to her coz everyone knows her fanny goes sideways.
- Old Ma Evans’ lodger: Well, I seem to have passed your gay test, so I must be gay.Daffyd: No, you are not a gay. I am the gay. You’re probably just a little bit poofy!
- Dust. Anybody? No? High in fat, low in fat? Dust. Anybody? No? Dust. Anybody? No? Dust. Anybody? No? Dust. Anybody? No? Dust. Anybody? No? Dust. It’s actually very low in fat. You can have as much dust as you like.
- Lou: [looking up into the tree where Andy is sitting] Andy, how did you get up there?Andy: I fell.
- Social Worker: Vicky, where is your baby?Vicky Pollard: Swapped it for a Westlife CD.Social Worker: Vicky, how could you do such a thing?Vicky Pollard: I know. They’re rubbish.
- Bus Conductor: Look, I’ve warned you before. If you don’t have a ticket you’re gonna have to get off.Vicky Pollard: Oh, my God! That is so unfair! This is like, well sexual harassment! If you like, fancy me why don’t you just say so? God, this is exactly like the time Miss Rennig, who everyone knows is a total lesbian, made Candice Burton stay behind after PE, started telling her off for gobbing on Sunita Geschwani’s hair. But everyone knows she only made her stay late because she wanted to get off with her, cuz when she was telling her off her legs were wide open and Candice reckons she could see her spider.
- [repeated lines]Roy: Margaret! Margaret![long pause]Margaret: Yes!
- Lou: [Andy has just rolled all over his freshly-cemented patio that Lou has just done] Who did this?Andy: A bird.
- Daffyd Thomas, you bloody fool! You could have had a bit of cock there.
- [after being told she’s too fat to run fat-fighters] Well you can take your fat fighters and shove them up your fat arse! That’s right, screeeeeeeeeew you!
- Teacher: [Vicky has walked out of the class and left the pram with her baby in behind] Vicky aren’t you going to take your baby?Vicky Pollard: No don’t worry I’ve got loads at home.
- What did you do that for, you total virgin!
- Stop giving me evils!
- Meera: Instead of sugar use artificial sweetener in tea.Marjorie Dawes: Summin’ about sugar.
- Marjorie Dawes: What advice can we give to Babara, to turn her tragic life around? Paul?Fat Fighter: [sighs] Cut out biscuits?Marjorie Dawes: Cut out biscuits! erm… Mary?Meera: Instead of sugar, use artificial sweetener in tea.
Marjorie Dawes: Something about sugar, but I think the best advice any of us can give you, is to look at the person on the inside, because you’re obviously a very unhappy person…
Barbara: No, I’m not!
Marjorie Dawes: Well, you deserve to be! I know Mum doesn’t speak to you, but that’s not for here… but as far as she’s concerned, if you were knocked down by a bus tomorrow the world would be a better place!
- I’m hard yet soft, I am coloured yet clear, I am fruity and sweet, I am jelly… what am I?
- Britain, Britain, Britain. We’ve had running water for over ten years, we have a tunnel connecting us to Peru, and we invented the cat.
- With nothing to watch but repeats on the telly of Doctor Who, Medics, and that episode of Blackadder II I was on, Lou and Andy go to rent a video.
- But I am a lady, I do not have testic’s!
- Do these butt-plugs come with batteries?
- [about Daffyd] I’ve said it before Vicar, and I’ll say it again – what that boy needs is a nice big cock up his arse!
- This is the home of romance novelist, Dame Sally. I’ve always wanted to write a book, but unfortunately I don’t have a pen.
- She’s got her own council flat and three kids and she’s only nine.
- Mike: Hey, you open for afternoon tea?Scottish Guy: Maybe I am and maybe I’m not[plays tune on flute]Mike: Oh, OK.
[starts to walk out]
Scottish Guy: No, no, I am, I am, please, sit down.
[shows them to a table]
Mother: Wow, isn’t this an adorable place, Kimberly?
Kimberly: It smells funny in here!
Scottish Guy: I shall be back in a moment with the cake trolley.
[puts his hand out and grabs the cake trolley]
Scottish Guy: Here I am with the cake trolley.
Mother: Mm, those look good, don’t they honey?
Kimberly: I want the chocolate cake.
Mother: OK, OK, honey
[to Scottish guy]
Mother: Kimberly has a nut allergy. Do you know if the chocolate cake contains nuts?
Scottish Guy: Yeeeeees.
Kimberly: What, yes, you know, or yes, there are nuts?
Scottish Guy: Yeeeeees.
Mike: Well, which?
Scottish Guy: [picks up a piece of cake and puts it to his ear] Carrot cake, carrot cake, have ye any nuts?
Scottish Guy: The carrot cake contains? no nuts.
Scottish Guy: [picks up another piece of cake to his ear] Lemon drizzle cake, lemon drizzle cake, have ye any nuts?
Scottish Guy: The lemon drizzle cake contains… no nuts
Scottish Guy: No nuts.
Scottish Guy: [picks up chocolate cake to his ear] Chocolate cake, chocolate cake, have ye any nuts?
Scottish Guy: [to Mike] He wants to speak to you.
Mike: [takes cake, baffled, puts it to his ear and listens] Mike Kapalski?
- Marjorie Dawes: What else do we have cravings of? Yes, Meera.Meera: Fish and chips.Marjorie Dawes: I’m sorry?Meera: Fish and chips.
Marjorie Dawes: Say again, sorry.
Meera: Fish and chips.
Marjorie Dawes: Oh, right, some dish we don’t get over here.
[writing down on wipeboard]
Marjorie Dawes: Curry.
- Roy: You are being a little specifc, yes.Mr Mann: Ok, have you got any books…?Roy: Well, yes, we’ve got hundreds of them.Mr Mann: I’ll take them please.
[begins stacking books into crate]
Roy: You, er, you must really like reading!
Mr Mann: Oh no, unfortunately I’m blind.
[Roy waves hand in front of Mr Mann’s face]
Mr Mann: [Mr Mann waves hand in front of Roy’s face]
- I’d like to welcome you all to the Annual Police Dinner. My name is Denver Mills and I am a former Olympic Silver Medallist. When I think about it, being an Olympic runner, is a lot like being a police officer-we both spend most of our running chasing after black guys, but the difference is I actually beat some of mine, not just BEAT them like you do. [Silence. Denver exits the stage with a bottle of alcohol]
- And that’s a right kerfuffle.
- When people in Britain want to buy a pet, they go to a pet shop. If they want to buy a pet shop, they go to a pet shop shop. If they want to buy a pet shop shop, well, they’re just being silly.
- I’ll do it… long as I get to write the theme tune, sing the theme tune…
- Lou: It’s your birthday coming up, and I’ve booked a table up the Harvester.Andy: Yeah, I know.Lou: Is there anyone you want me to invite?Andy: George Michaels.
Lou: George Michaels? We don’t know him.
Andy: Yeah, I know.
Lou: I don’t think he’d come. And besides, you don’t like George Michaels. You said that “Jesus to a Child” aside, you found his output emotionally vapid.
Andy: Yeah, I know.
Lou: What about your brother, Declan?
Andy: George Michaels!
- George Michael: Hello, Andy.[pause]George Michael: Nice to meet you[pause]
George Michael: . Happy birthday.
Andy: I don’t like him. I want him to go. I prefer Tony Hadley.
Lou: Sorry about this, George. You’d better go.
Andy: Tell him that “Jesus to a Child” aside, I find his output emotionally vapid.
- Matthew Waterhouse: [comes into boarding room with trolley full of cereal boxes] I’ve got a few ideas for you! Nutty Nut Nuts! Real nuts coated in… wait for it…[pours out box]Matthew Waterhouse: *Nuts*. How’s that for starters?
- Andy: [about the kids who are mocking him] Someone should give them lot a smack.Lou: I thought you didn’t like violence. You said it was the last bastion of moral cowardice.Andy: Yeah, I know…
- Until a law is passed to imprison fat people, they are free to roam our streets and attend slimmers’ clubs like this one…
- Swimming pools in Britain have very strict rules – no bombing, no petting, no ducking and no fondue parties.
- British justice is the best in the world. Anyone who disagrees is either gay, a woman or a mental.
- Computer says no.
- Sebastian: Prime Minister, look out![pushes Prime Minister onto couch]Primeminster: What is it?Sebastian: I thought there was a sniper but there isn’t.
Primeminster: Oh… can you get off me now?
Sebastian: Give it a minute.
- Oooooh, I love a bit of cake. Oooooh, cake. Oooooh, cake. Cake. Cake. Cake. Cake. I’m just one of these people. I come home and I need a piece of cake.
- Police Officer: You do know it’s an offence to waste police time?Vicky Pollard: No, but, yeah, but, no, but, yeah, but, no, but, yeah but I know because I’m not wasting police time because you know Micha? Well, she saw the whole thing, right, because she was bunking off school because she was gonna go down the wimbley and get off with Luke Griffiths, only she never because he’s been trying to grow a moustache but it just looks like pubes, so she got off with Luke Torbet instead, only don’t tell Bethany that because she’s fancied Luke Torbet ever since she flashed her fanny at him during Home Ec’.
- [about fat people, under his breath] Greedy fuckers!
- Now crisps are high in fat, but they’re also low in protein and low in fibre! See, it’s not all bad!
- Shut up, you two-faced virgin!
- Call me Bubbles, dear, everyone does!
- Of course, I don’t mean the real Prime Minister, I mean that guy from Buffy…
- Who the Hollyoaks Omnibus is that?
- Marjorie Dawes: [to Fat Pat] Fat cow! Fat cow! Fat cow![stops, looks to women in doorframe]Marjorie Dawes: Oh, sorry love, new member? Take your seat and I’ll see to you in a minute, now where was I? Oh, yeah, fat cow! Fat cow!
- Hello, Mr. Dudly.
- Maggie: [tastes some Jam] Ummmm! This is nice. Who made this?Judy: Emma Shepherd. The one who’s run off with the school mistress.Maggie: [pukes] Oh, Judy. No more lesbian jam. I can’t keep it down!
- [On the phone, describing the student sat opposite her, who is of restricted growth] You know Paul. Everyone knows Paul. How can I describe him? Shoulder-length brown hair. Wears a lot of jewellery. Looks *up* a lot. Gets his clothes from Mothercare. That’s it – the Oompa Loompa.[Can’t see why Paul looks annoyed. Starts humming the Ooompa Loompa song as he stomps out]
- Robot career counsellor: What did you have in mind?Boy: I’ve always wanted to do catering…Robot career counsellor: There will no jobs for humans in catering in the future. Only robots!Boy: Does that include catering in hotels?
Robot career counsellor: [thinking] Err… Yes!
Boy: Well the other thing I thought was engineering…
Robot career counsellor: There will be no jobs for humans in the future. Only robots!
[it prints out a brochure]
Robot career counsellor: This will explain it all! Now leave!
Boy: Thank you, sir.
Robot career counsellor: I am a robot!
- Those are buses, but anyway.
Little Britain Quotes