- Sybil: You’re going to wear that jacket, are you?
Basil: Yes I am, thank you dear, yes.
Sybil: You just haven’t a clue, have you?
Basil: You wouldn’t understand, dear – it’s called ‘style’.
- Sybil: Now, have I got everything?
Basil: (quietly) Handbag, knuckle-dusters, flick-knife…
- Major: She’s a fine woman, Mrs Fawlty.
Basil: No, no, I wouldn’t say that.
Major: No, nor would I.
- A satisfied customer. We should have him stuffed.
- I’ll put an ad in the papers. Wanted, kind home for enormous savage rodent. Answers to the name of Sybil.
- Can’t we get you on Mastermind, Sybil? Next contestant – Sybil Fawlty from Torquay. Special subject – the bleedin’ obvious.
- You’ll have to forgive him. He’s from Barcelona.
- Right, well I’ll go and have a lie down then. No I won’t; I’ll go and hit some guests.
- Coming my little piranha fish.
- [to Manuel] Stupidissimo! Continental cretin!
Fawlty Towers Quotes